Every year around this time, I become obsessed with rosé. I feel like it's the perfect thing to drink on a late afternoon, over a tower of oysters and chilled seafood. On a beach picnic with a basket of cheeses and baguette. On a rooftop. On a yacht! Anytime the weather is gorgeous and you're able to enjoy it. Could be sitting on your fire escape with a few of your favorite babes ... :)
On sunday funday, of course! Yes, I made this sangria for this week's episode of sunday funday at home - and I have to say, I'm not sure what took me so long to combine two of my most favorite worlds: rosé + sangria.
We've got rosé, ginger liqueur, honey, fresh citrus, and strawberries. The best!
The French ginger liqueur is what makes it sing. It's a perfect match for everything involved. But, some other workable options would be flavored vodka (peach or citrus would be good) and a little Cointreau wouldn't hurt, either.
This lovely cocktail was enjoyed as part of a crostini party, another activity perfect for spring. Stay tuned for Sunday, when I'll be posting the video and recipes!
Until then, let's all imagine we're yachting and rooftop-ing around the world, glasses of rosé in hand.
Cheers to spring! xxS
- 1 cup ginger liqueur
- 2 Meyer lemons (one juiced, one sliced)
- 2 limes (one juiced, one sliced)
- 2 tablespoons raw honey, plus more to taste if you like it sweet
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 bottles dry rosé wine
- Sparkling water, optional
- Combine ginger liqueur, citrus juices, and honey in a large pitcher. Stir to combine. Add strawberries and citrus slices. Stir in rosé. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours to allow flavors to meld.
- If you like, you can serve with a splash of sparkling water on top.