Dark Chocolate Cremoso with Olive Oil
Recipe Type: Dessert
Author: Sarah Ashley
Serves: 10 to 12
A super-rich, custard-like chocolate pudding. I like to drizzle with very good olive oil and serve with finely diced strawberries. The combination of olive oil and dark chocolate is heavenly - and definitely sexy!
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 large egg yolks
- 16 ounces high-quality dark chocolate, chopped
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for serving
- Maldon, for serving
- Very finely diced strawberries, for serving
- Heat cream, milk, and sugar in a medium saucepan. Meanwhile, whisk egg yolks in a bowl. Once the liquid is hot, slowly pour about a cup of it (no need to measure) into the egg yolks. (This tempers your egg yolks so that they do not turn into scrambled eggs.) Add tempered egg yolks back into the saucepan with remaining milk and cream mixture and cook over medium heat, whisking, until thickened.
- Remove from heat and strain through chinois or fine-mesh strainer. Add chocolate and allow to stand for 5 minutes, then whisk until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until cold, about 4 hours. (If you need to bring the temperature down quickly, place the bowl of cremoso in a large bowl of ice water and give it a whisk every few minutes.)
- Serve in a large shallow bowl with strawberries in the center. Drizzle olive oil over the top and sprinkle with Maldon.