Chipotle-Roasted Tomato Salsa
Recipe Type: Sauce/Condiment
A smoky, spicy salsa with deep flavor and sweetness from roasted tomatoes. Perfect for when tomatoes might not be at their peak!
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds tomatoes, quartered
- 4 or 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- Canola or vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 to 2 chipotle chile peppers in adobo, plus adobo sauce to taste
- 1/3 cup toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Toss tomatoes, garlic, and onion on baking sheet. Drizzle with oil, season with salt, and toss to coat. Roast until browned in spots, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly, then transfer to food processor along with lime juice, chipotle (taste if after you add the first one to see if you want is spicier). Process until combined and season to taste (you'll need 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt).